Fred,

Polyester should work just fine.  That's what Piper used to build the tip
tanks on the Cherokee 235 and Cherokee 6.  Polyester has it's difficulties
in certain applications, but it works quite well for a fuel tank.

DO NOT USE Polyester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you REALLY want to take the
chance?????

DO a test yourself and let us know your results!!!!!!!!!
put some polyester in some avgas and ULP.

I would only USE Vinyl Ester. ( not Epoxy)  unless the manufacture says it's
OK. not someone else.

Too many people have had problems with epoxy, I have seen what leaking tanks
on a Lancair does.. NOT good.

Phil Matheson
SAAA Ch. 20  http://www.saaa20.org/
VH-PKR