Scott is absolutely right. As soon as you shut down the engine you lose
your cooling airflow and the temp between the top of the engine and cowl
starts  going up quickly and cooks the fuel in the distribution block and the
line going  to it. I used to teach pilots to open their cowls to promote faster
cooling  after shutdown. Saved a lot of starters and batteries that way.

John
El Paso

In a message dated 10/13/2009 5:30:28 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,