What speed were you cruising at. just curious
Charles Burkholder
Bancroft, Ontario

My true airspeed at all the times that I was checking was about 158 mph. I was
able to do that in some directions at reduced throttle  with altitude and
sometimes at higher throttle settings and mixture settings. Except for the high
speed passes and a number of climb outs I flew most of the time at 2900 to 3150
rpm's, I did have a good time flying down the big lake North of Ed's place I'm
guessing a good 20 miles at about 100 ft and i was indicating right about 180
mph at 3360 rpm. Dan and i did a side by side at 7500 ft and i remember I had
3340 rpm but i don't remember the exact speed indicated. I do remember that at
no time on the actual travel legs was I under 150 mph ground speed.
Not an exact number but burned 75 gal for a total of 15 hours is 5g/h average
for the entire trip, or about 29 miles per gal. Avg. speed for the entire trip
would be about 147 mph.(based on 2200 miles flown) I can live with that.
Joe Horton
Instant Medical Insurance
Get fast, free medical insurance quotes online now in 2 minutes.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=yMVHObvUlHbqwWg3g3S9DAAAJ1A9mk8a0luj1TJO2sh3zRLgAAQAAAAFAAAAAJUIhT4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABJQNAAAAAA=