From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of randsbrierley
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2009 8:56 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> New subject

hi dene i put a jab 3300 in a murphy reagade i had the same problem to fix
it increased the oil cooler size i then built a ram air box with six scat
hoses of different sizes i connected the hoses to the firberglass cowling
covers above the heads to check the temps on each cylinder i borrowed a
thermo coopeler box most drag shops or hot rod type shops have them it is
like a temp gauge that has up to eight head connecting points you can read
all head and oil temps at the same time  i found up to 50c difference
between cylinders i increased or decreased hose sizes as required  i can fly

the plane at 50 kn or 90kn the temps stay in the green i also tow gliders
with it and still in the green it is a bit of mucking but worth it when i
got it wright i connected cht to the hottest cylinder i have about 10 degree

difference between hottest and coldest  you shoud also  work on air inlet
one third air outlet two thirds now have 500 hours with that set up i also
fly in a hot country best regards russ