>  What in the world do you think was going to hold the deck cloth to
> the structure anyway (which was infact the original question). I
> used the epoxy instead of another type of wood sealer that was
> going to have to be put on any way. The epoxy was harder for
> sanding purposes to prep for painting (so I did not sand into the
> wood). The epoxy was applied by squeegy not brush and trust me it
> was not thick as I microwaved it to thin it out before applying.
>Joe Horton
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We're talking "deck cloth" here.  Only 1.45 ounces per square yard
plus the small amount of epoxy needed to wet it out. If you don't get
carried away with the epoxy I'm guessing your finish will be as light
as all the filler needed to smooth out the wood for a slick
finish.  Why add dead weight to finish the wood when you could be
adding some small amount of strength at the same time for probably
the same amount of weight. Tony Bingelis recommends going that route
and I'm a big fan of Tony.  If you're a builder and don't have all
his books (available through EAA) you are missing out on a lot of
good info.  I certainly wouldn't recommend covering with something as
heavy as the  KR cloth or equivalent.

Larry Flesner