I can recommend Everdure Epoxy Sealant.
(http://www.kiwikr.co.nz/images/210/210fuseskinimage073_lg.jpg)

This is a 2 pot system that you should be able to purchase at your local
paint shop that I used to seal the skin of my boat and it worked extremely
well.
(http://www.kiwikr.co.nz/210fuseskin.html)

My mentor (who builds WWII Mosquito Fighter Bomber replicas for a living
http://www.mosquitorestoration.com/index.shtml) and recommended this product
to me as it penetrates the surface layer of the ply and framing timber and
hardens the surface protecting it against physical damage and giving it
resistance to the formation for mould and mildew.

Regards
Gavin Magill
Auckland NZ
(www.kiwikr.co.nz)