Here's a problem that I'm sure some of you have encountered and I did tonight
but I'm not certain how to take care of it.  I have some ideas but want to see
if others have solved it the same way that I'm thinking of.  I made the
push/pull rods for the ailerons tonight.  Once hooked up I found that the
ailerons only have 7 degrees up travel and 5 degrees down.  This is a KR2 not
and "S" and the ailerong bell cranks are made strictly to plans.  I did
incorporate the dual sticks as per Mark Langford's style but other than that,
the ailerons are stock.  In order to get more travel it looks like I need to
redrill the hole on the bell crank with the cable coming from the control
sticks closer to the swivel point in order to increase the throw of the
bellcrank on the pushrod to the aileron.  Is that clear?  It simply boils down
to this.  The ailerons need more up and down travel.  How can I get that with
some simple modifications to the hole location?  I know that if I redrill a
hole on one bellcrank I'll have to also do the other side exactly the same.
The sticks are traveling to their limit side to side so changing them shouldn't
be part of the equation.

Can any of you offer any suggestions?  Again, this is to the plans so I'm a
little stumped as to why the travel didn't come out to the up 20 degrees and
down 10 degrees as called out in the plans.  I would have thought that these
limits were built in to the bellcranks.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Neal Hornung
lt1corve...@earthlink.net