Mark,

If you have Falcon insurance (Global), getting the waiver is easy. I
emailed my broker and had it in my inbox the next day.

If you are up for it, you could camp at the airport and save a few bucks.

I usually fly out on Saturday, but this year I am going to go out on
Thursday. Friday is when the public starts checking things out.
Saturday is the mini airshow. It has the feel of a KR gathering, nice
and relaxed. You can fly at any time and there is always something in
the air (usually going really fast).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeff