Leif G Alstadsæter wrote:

> I'm going to build a KR2S. I have look and studies a lot about this little
> bird.
> One thing I don't have a good answer to, is what kind of wing-profile I
> should use.
> I have not the opportunities to try either the old or the new profile.
> Can somebody tell what the different to fly the old or the new profile?
> What is the advantage to fly one or the other?

The "new" AS504x wing profile has almost identical characteristics as the
RAF48, except for lower drag, which translates into higher speeds and more
efficiency.  Considering they are created the same way when scratch
building, it is a "free lunch".  The thicker AS5048 tapering to AS5045
yields more fuel capacity.  I believe Navaero now sells a version of the new
AS504x airfoil. As Dan said, there's a lot more info on the subject of the
new KR airfoil (designed specifically for the KR2S, but applicable to the
KR2 and KR1 as well) at http://www.krnet.org/as504x/ .

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com