From: "Fred Johnson" <f...@renotruss.com>
To: "'KRnet'" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:12 AM
Subject: RE: KR> wings

I agree Steve, and a lot faster to build too. if you build a constant chord,
sans RV, only one rib jig to build.

Fred Johnson
Reno, NV

Steve wrote:

I bet one could build a set of wood KR wings, constant cord would be easier,
but tapered cord doable.  About 8 ribs in outer panel - all wood.  skinned
with 1/6" 45 degree mohogany plywood. GP4 uses similar construction but uses
3/32 45 degree ply on top and bottom of wings.  It of course has a cruise
speed that is a little higher than a KR.  Would not be surprised if they
would be lighter than foam and fiberglass, and a whole lot less sanding.