Ok guys, I appreciate the help but looking out the window may help me determine
if the prop is still moving I guess, and sometimes I like to use the loud noise
and sounds to help reassure me its running too.

But seriously! I am not legal without a tach and I am running into obstacle's
trying to get a new one quickly. My current tach is a UMA 19-806-10G. It is a
single P lead driven tach off the mag with a ground and 12 volt leads as well.

My attempts to find an airport friend with a spare tach has done no good. My
search at Advanced auto turned up only tachs that stated. " Not for magneto" My
attempt to use a tiny tach borrowed from a friend did not work because it will
not work on shielded spark plug wires. In other words it would not work on a
Slick mag with typical shielded mag spark plug wires.

This is the big thing holding up completion of my annual/ condition inspection.
I also depend on my tach to help me set up all my approach speeds so a tach has
always been an important instrument to me. yes in a pinch I would get along
without but I would not intentionally go without one.

I have checked archives on this and can not seem to find anything.

So, if there is anyone who has some great advice/ suggestions, or if someone
knows of a 3 1/8 or not much smaller tach at NAPA or auto store that will work
in my shielded wire, Slick mag configuration. Please let me know as soon as
possible. My broken bones may keep me from flying my KR to gathering but a
fellow KR pilot and friend can fly it for me if I can get this taken care of.

HELP.....HELP....

Jeff York

Lexington, KY. Georgetown Airport Hanger A5