Mike Sylvester

> Alright Guys, come to my rescue. Am I overlooking what the aileron linkage
> is made of in the plans ?

The short answer to your question is 6061-T6 aluminum.

I'm not really qualified to answer this, since my ailerons are completely
different from what the plans call for, but at the time I built my plane,
Rand Robinson was selling what looked like a short linkage with rod end
bearings on each end (and I think the housings on those were aluminum),
joined by a short aluminum rod that was threaded 3/16 on each end.  The
whole thing was maybe 5" (that's probably in the plans), it was very light,
and was almost certainly a specialty item made just for that application.
Maybe Steve Glover sells those these days, but you turn down your own
version of the center member if you had a lathe, the experience to run it,
and the time to do it.  And then there's locating the lightweight rod end
bearings, but I'm sure they're available from somewhere...

Mark Langford
n5...@hiwaay.net
website www.n56ml.com