My Acro Sport had bent pushrods like you are describing so they would clear
the bottom of the rear spar. To me the linkage rod off the bellcrank could
have been made slightly longer so you would have had a straight pushrod
though....

Fred Johnson
Reno, NV

Larry wrote:

I have seen a couple of KRs where this linkage (the rod) was bent to
accomodate
the proper angle for that plane. I am not saying that this is the best thing
do, just saying that I have seen that done before.
I am not sure if it matters, but I don't think I would bend mine unless it
was
absolutely necessary. Mark is right, usually this linkage is about 6 inches
long
on a plans built system.