Hello all,

I have been lurking on the web and krnet for sometime now and I have recently
acquired a Kr-2s project.
The wings are raf-48, built and installed per plans.  The horizontal stab and
rudder installed and built
per plans.  I have been contemplating on rebuilding the horz. stab and rudder
using Mark L.
airfoils and Dr. Dean hinges.  The elevator has 3 non-bearing hinges same as
rudder.  I would
think that the elevator would not be "airworthy" knowing what we know now about
the kr hinges.
In order to redo the spars would I be able to laminate thicker spruce onto the
oe spars or would
I have to completely remove the old spars and start over? or install oil
impregnated bushings
into the existing 3 hinges and fly sooner?

Thanks in advance,
Steven Bedford
s1bedf...@msn.com