Paul Smith wrote:

> Mark and all others who post installed a MAC elevator servo.
> How did you run the wiring through the elevator? Along the back edge of
> the
> elevator spar then looped over under the rudder?
> Any photos of this?

It's been a while since I did that, but the way I usually do stuff like that
is route it so that the cable is allowed to twist  with elevator movement
over a couple of inches of wire length,  rather than bend back and forth
over a shorter distance.

> Also on your site you said you made the tab 3' x 6' instead of 4' x 10',
> less than half.
> Most KR owners I ask say to make it bigger than plans.
> How have you found the smaller tabs. Any other opinions on tab size?

I only use about half of my trim tab range from one extreme to the other,
even with the heaviest passengers, and the half I use is the nose up end
(still need to adjust the horizontal stab a touch). As far as normal flying
by myself, I might use a tenth of the travel with various loading from
"nothing" to "full camping gear for SNF" mode.  Having said that, when I
drop full flaps (and I have a LOT of flaps), the trim tab can't handle it.
That doesn't really bother me, as I just hold back on the stick a little
don't really even notice.  So what I need is even MORE nose up trim
capability, and getting the horizontal stab in the right place might solve
that too.  Nothing wrong with making it the size the plans call for
though...

Mark Langford
n5...@hiwaay.net
website www.n56ml.com