You know I've heard some of this before but since this is my first shot at
these smaller engines I was wondering about this article.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.homebuilt/msg/4472e9a8bcf1c1be?pli=1

I'm no expert though people are flying with these engines and seeing or say
they are seeing x amount of horse power and x amount of speed.

How much of what is said is true, also I understand that a PRSU helps lower
the RPM's of an engine so that te prop can be effective, as they are
designed for about 2500 RPM max and the engines can go 4+K RPM.

So the goal of a higher CC engine (like 2400cc vs 1600cc) is more torque lbs
hence more power when turning the prop at the same RPM.  Using a PRSU can
get more RPMs and hence more power and reduce the prop to 2500rpm but also
run the motor hotter hence problems. SO the value ganed out of putting a
PRSU on a VW beyond better takeoff peformance?

Any thoughts?

Joe

--
Jose Fuentes
Founding Father (one of and former Vice Prez) of Capital City.NET User's