Wiring the instrument panel on my KR-2 is almost done.  The panel is a Rand
factory unit with panel and forward deck as one single piece.  The panel and
forward deck is screwed in place and
removable as need be for annual condition inspection and possible future
mods.  The GPS antenna is mounted above
the radio under the forward deck.  I used 5 different crimpers for the 27
various connector types and splices, 2 wire strippers and yes, the propane
torch
too.
Per Larry Flesner's advice, lots of wiring diagrams and notes for each
instrument, radio and connector.  Every end of every wire is documented and
double checked.  Expect first panel light-off/smoke check in about a week.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/expercraft/sidwood/14681324364d17d64f279e7.jpg

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA