>After a nerve racked morning with a fly cutter I have determined that I am
>probably not going the be able to cut the instrument holes.  Another option
>is a Greenlee punch but those are quite expensive unless someone has one to
>loan.  With all that said I am thinking that I want to mark up a piece of
>.125 aluminum sheet and send it off to someone to laser cut.  Any
>suggestion on who could do that for me?

Thanks
Craig

I used a fly cutter for the one 3-1/8 hole for the Dynon D10A; small hole
saws for the three little gauges; twist drills for the switches and screws.
My panel is the stock RR forward deck/instrument panel.  I used a .040"
aluminum sheet backing up the fiber glass for a ground and EMI shield.  All
round holes were cut on the drill press.  Use a 2x6 to backup the fly cutter
and hole saw, and do clamp everything down firmly.  Rectangular holes were
cut with a Dremel tool fitted with rotary zip saw bits and a router adapter
($8 at Lowe's).  Yes, they make bits for aluminum, something like $6 at
Lowe's.  That was my specific out of pocket cost to cut the panel.  To cut a
straight line with the Dremel, clamp an aluminum angle or straight board to
the panel offset from the cut line for the router base.  Granted, my cuts
are not CNC precise, but it only cost $6 for two bits plus my time.  Pays
your money and takes your choice.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA