Reading through some stuff over the weekend I realised VW cylinders are used
on some Corvair builds.  This got me wondering about using nikasil cylinders
to save weight.  I've seen claims of about 10lb saving from a set of nikasil
cylinders on a VW, so I assume that would translate to a 15lb saving on a 6
cylinder engine.  Given the effort many builders go to to save weight I'm
surprised I haven't seen anything about using nikasil cylinders on
Corvairs.  Apart from the cost, is there any other downside?

Tony King
Queensland Australia