Craig Williams wrote:

>>"I found a set of 65-67 110hp heads.  Should I use my 64 heads or get
>>theses?  I know there was some issue with the 64 head gasket sealing area.
>>If I am going to have some special machining done on the 64 heads before I
>>can use them it will be cheaper to buy the later model heads."<<

1964 heads are cut for smaller outside diameter cylinders.  The bore is the
same as the later engines, but the '64 cylinder walls are thinner, so the
counterbores are smaller in the '64 heads. So you'd have to have them opened
up for later cylinders, which complicates things and limits your choices
somewhat.  If you are boring the heads and case for larger cylinders anyway,
1964 heads work fine because they'll be opened up anyway.  All of my engines
have been based on '64 heads because nobody else wants them and they work
fine for me.

See

http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog.cgi?function=goto&catalog=MAIN&section=MAIN&page=23for
 proof that 64's are unique.You may not know that there is a list named
CorvAircraft that I also run.You can join by sending a message
tocorvaircraft-j...@mylist.net .  There is also an extensive search engine
athttp://www.maddyhome.com/corvairsrch/index.jsp where all kinds of Corvair
engine answers can be found.  The Clark'sCorvair catalog is also an invaluable
source of information, as well as anexcellent place to get Corvair parts...Mark
LangfordML at N56ML.comwebsite www.n56ml.com