From: Andy Mckevitz <amckev...@yahoo.com>
Subject: KR> Kr pilot Salute flight
To: kr...@mylist.net
Date: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 9:40 AM

After flying 2 kr2 planes last week, one of which is an 'S' model, I have
concluded that I need to be a better pilot.  Until I flew one, I had no idea
how difficult it is.  I'm an infant 300hr pilot, commercial, IFR, aerobatics,
high performance and tailwheel endorsed.  It took me 45min at altitude to
control pitch sensitivity to where I completely stopped the oscillations in
climbs decents and turns enough to be comfortable and satisfied to fly the
plane and not the reverse.  Keep in mind the closest thing that I've put time
in close to a kr is a decathalon, and I am confortable in that.  After 2hrs I
felt okay to touch ground effect with the kr and progressively brought myself
to touch and go.  My problem is that I only have about ten hours of tailwheel
time, and that needs expansion before I fly a kr again.  Yes, both that I flew
where taildraggers.  I do feel comfortable soloing a kr, allbeit at a 150' wide
runway, not my 35' wide paved
 airpark strip
with side obstacles where I call home.  This could improve with time, however,
I have elected to build a couple hundred hours of 'other' tailwheel plane time
before trying this again.

Kr's have a special place with me as there is nothing like it.  The Kr grin,
right!  A tailwind pilot told me that if I landed a kr, I can land just about
anything.  Its without a doubt in my mind that if you fly a kr2 from no mods to
full mods, you are among the best... and that means those bonanza pilots better
keep quiet! haha

Salute!

Andy