"pelle...@verizon.net" wrote:

>>I not going to go through what is possible as far as Electronic Fuel
>>Injection is concerned today. That could start a long thread, so I will
>>just ask this question. has anyone added EFI to a Corvair engine yet that
>>anyone on the KRnet knows about and are they flying it? <<

Roy Szarafinski has successfully installed an run FI on his Corvair, but has
yet the fly the Zenith 701 that it's attached to.  Ray Sedman sells such a
kit for Corvairs, (see
http://www.american-pi.com/corvair/corvhome.html ), and I'm sure others do
as well.  I was originally going to use CIS injection from a Mercedes or BMW
on mine, but size, weight, and the number of components was daunting
compared to a simple carb installation.

Carburetors do work just fine, and I wouldn't think you're going to get much
better fuel economy than the 42 mpg at 160 mph that I'm getting now...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website www.n56ml.com