Ok, I got the KR-1 form a friend that had it stored forever. It was however,
in far worse shape than I had thought that it was. I firgure that it is
repairable, but I am in the process of calculating how much time and money
it will take. Upon investigation, I discovered that the sheer web of the
main center spar has the grain running horizontal. Looking at the manual, it
shows that the grain is to be verticle. I am just learning about wood
structure airplanes, so help here is REALLY needed. There are some big RED
flags that I see in the construction of this plane. Am I correct in thinking
that having the sheer web grain in the wrong direction is a really bad
thing? I have some grave concerns now about restoring this plane.
Thanks for any help
steve...@gmail.com

--
Have a good day -- Steve