On 8/28/2011 12:41 PM, Peter Drake wrote:
> So has anyone out there got any numbers that will back up the case for
> using
> a 120hp engine on a KR2S?
>
> I am mainly looking for any data on torque stress on the airframe.

  The formula for HP is Torque x RPM/5252. By substitution that makes
Torque = HP * 5252/RPM. It doesn't seem to mention brand name of the
engine, so you should be able to compare the torque of the Jabaru to the
torque of the Corviar engine directly, unless the Jab is a GEARED PSRU,
in which case you take can that into account. Of course, that's assuming
the same prop on both. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
--
Glenn Martin,
KR2 N1333A,