Yes, I also suspect the tubing and when I replace these brakes with the
Matco's that I just ordered, I am going to replace all the tubing as well
with what Matco recommends, so there will be no excuses for them to not be
working.  I know it is stupid of me to not try to work through this problem
and will regret it monetarily later on, but I am out of patience.  I asked
the engineer at Matco about using Aluminum but he said that they always
recommend the 1/8" plastic line.  I will let y'all know how it works out.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you at the 2012 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il – MVN – 40th
Anniversary
There is a time for building and it never seems to end.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC