Mark, -- I bought one of these units.  I was surprise by the simplicity and
ease of working this unit.   This unit has been pretty accurate.  The
display formats are something we all have learned to work with in our
aviation education. I had the chance to fly recently with a friend that was
using a different brand and I had my unit and ran it to compare it.   The
700 accurately placed us on the VFR chart format as to the flight path we
were following (no matter what visual level I was on).   The other unit had
us two mile right of route the whole trip (going and return).   Would I
recommend? Yes.

George