.
>Now I can not remember the last time I heard of a VW crank failure. For
>that matter I have not heard of a VW >failure and I even recall a guy broke
>a prop on his VW on his way to Sun N Fun many years ago. I talked to >him
>at a forum and with as much vibration he had with half a prop, his VW crank
>and motor stood up.

The guy in the hanger next to me lost his prop and front hub while flying
his VW engine this summer resulting in a crash in a farm field. The crank
broke cleanly in half at the front bearing just as the Corvairs were doing.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Stevens Point, WI
E-mail: flyk...@charter.net
Web: www.flykr2s.com