----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Jones" <flyk...@charter.net>
To: "Dan Heath" <da...@windstream.net>
Cc: "Corvair Net" <corvaircr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: KR> Wheels And Brakes

 Unfortunately, it looks like I will not be at the Gathering as I have a
huge
 money making event scheduled for that weekend.  If Roy has another Corvair
 College this year and I am not working, I will be there. Mark L's
 unfortunate engine out does put the edge of caution back in me but since I
 have had five engine outs myself (broken coil wire, two cam gear failures,
 broken crank, dropped valve seat), I figure I still have four lives left. I
 just hope my luck holds up. There is a saying that the DNR uses here in
 Wisconsin when teaching Hunter Safety and That is "Anything Mechanical CAN
 and WILL Fail". Of course they are referring to the safety on a gun but
that
also applies to an aircraft engine whether it is certified or experimental.
 My confidence after two years of no engine problems had me doing a lot of
 low level flying this past summer. I think I will go back to the altitude
is
 my friend rule.

 Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Stevens Point, WI