The flaps on my plane are connected by way of a hole through the flap
tube on each side, allowing a bolt to go through matching holes in the
flap-control-arm.

On one side, this hole has become oblong, allowing that flap to move a
bit independently of the other one.... These parts are aluminum as best
I can tell, and in somewhat close-quarters to wood, glass & foam, so
getting them welded is not going to be a viable solution....

I'm assuming 'a hole through the control arm & tube, with an AN bolt
through that' is the normal way to do this.... Or is there a
bearing-type configuration, or some other common way to deal with
wobbling flaps due to wallowed-out holes?