Phill
I see you have come up with just about every excuse you can think off, not
to get started on the building of your KR.   My advice would be to go out in
the shop and starting building.  Build it to the plans, it will be the
lightest, the cheapest and just about all the fun you stand.  You will have
some strips of spruce laying on your work table, you'll be cutting small
wooden blocks and gluing them in and it will soon begin to take shape.  All
the while you can be thinking about the changes to the control system, the
canopy, Landing gear, fuel tanks, instrument panel and in a few years you
will have a place to put them. The last thing you need is an engine, there
is nothing more worthless than an engine sitting around in the way for
5,6,or 8 years, averages say you will change your mind at least two times.
Want a A-65 I have one?  I decided to go with a 0-235 instead.  Do you see
what I mean?  This may sound a little harsh but I built mine, took my time
making it perfect and just the way I wanted it.  I took too long, got too
old, couldn't pass the physical any longer. So, it sits in a hangar with
it's pink ready to fly permit slip, in Redmond, Oregon gathering dust. I
haven't seen it in 5 years. Some day I'll go down and part it out or
whatever.  Phill, go out in the shop this evening, start setting up your
work table, plan where your going to hang small parts on the wall.   As you
assemble them, hang them there, each one a masterpiece and a trophy won.
Just do it.
Lynn   KL7YXF   N37LH

Hi Folks,
I'm a KR Newbie, been lurking around all the KR sites for a while now. I
have come close to pulling the trigger on a build several times over the
years but one thing or another got in the way.
Phill Hill