Today 4/12/12 N6242 received a Special Airworthiness certificate from the
Washington FSDO inspector.  Actually, there were two FAA inspectors that
showed up.  Both said that this was the first time either had examined a
KR-2.  Their first remark walking through the door was how small the plane
looked.   The waiting delay was 5 weeks from my mailing the formal request
for airworthiness inspection to today.  The inspector said their usual delay
is about 3 weeks for the Washington FSDO.
Yes, they were thorough and professional.  And very knowledgeable on the
regs.  And yes, much emphasis was put on the paperwork.  I corrected the few
minor gripes on the spot.
Next up is to put the airplane back together; wait for the near perfect day
and make that first flight.  Let the fun begin.  Yeehaa.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net