tell us more about that dynamic balencer experience please   phill

________________________________
 From: Lee Parker <le62...@yahoo.com>
To: Prototype Mech <prototypem...@yahoo.com>; KRnet <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:52 AM
Subject: Re: KR> Wing weights

My plane weighed 630 lbs. with oil, elt and one gallon of fuel.  I concentrated
on being light.  I used shorter screws when possible.  I also have very little
filler in my plane.  I block sanded my wings being careful not to sand into the
glass.  I also have diehl wing skins.  My engine cowling only weighs ten lbs
and two ounces.  I added another eight ounces by making the exhaust cooling
outlet larger.  I used a Rotec fuel injector which has worked great.  I also
have a Revflo injector if anyone is interested.  I thought my plane was over
weight but I guess I'm in better shape than I thought.  I still have two hours
to go to get the fourty hours flown off.  I'm still having trouble landing the
bad boy as this is the first tail dragger for me.  My best cruise speed so far
is 152 mph on a 2100D.  I had the prop repitched which didn't do a lot for
speed but did lower my RPM's down to 3350 WOT at altitude.   I have over two
thousand hours in
several different planes.  I now own a Mooney, a KR2, and a Lancair.  I enjoy
flying the KR because it is so economical.  I dynamically balanced my prop with
my new balancer and it is almost as smooth as turning on an electric fan.  I
can't believe the difference.  This is the second plane I have built.  The
Lancair was first.  The KR took longer because I had to make so many parts from
scratch.