At 11:21 PM 5/3/2012, you wrote:
>Isn't the definition of an unstable aircraft basically that if momentarily
>disrupted from it's flight path it will not attempt to return to it's
>original  state, but instead continue to diverge from that state.
Todd Thelin

That is probably pretty close and that is exactly how my stretched
KR2 flies based on my 450 hours of flight time on the airplane.  I
can only fly hands off in EXTREMELY smooth air.  Jeff Scott was
exactly right in his observation of how the KR handles based on his
800 hours of flight time in his KR.  The KR is VERY responsive and
VERY sensitive on the controls but Jeff did no say it is not fun to
fly or is difficult to fly.  I enjoy flying my KR more than all the
Cessnas,  Pipers, Citabrias, etc., that I've ever flown.  Just
because we call our babies ugly doesn't mean we don't love them.

Jeff is one of the most knowledgeable and, more importantly, one of
the most experienced KR people on the net.  He knows what he is
talking about.  The stability problem is not mythical.  It keeps
coming up because it is based in fact.  That is no reason for people
to give up on their projects or give up on the KR.  Build it to
plans,  increase the horizontial stabilizer if you want
(recommended), keep the C.G. forward, and have a ball every time you go flying.

Just my opinion..........

Larry Flesner