I need to remember not to reply from my cellphone.  It's been a decade
or more since I was on a plain mailing list.  :-)

Okey, to everyone:
Wow, you're all friendly folk.  Thank you.  Don't ever lose that.

I've been told I need to join the EAA.  I'll do that this weekend.

Glenn: Recommends making the widest spot on the fuselage the shoulders.
I think I'll be taking that advice, and keeping the fuselage constant
width, or even widening back to my shoulders.  That should prevent the
divergent duct problem over the wings which is better anyway.  I'll be
getting those FAA papers too.  I have several boat supply shops around
here, and I was intending on using west systems epoxy.  It's one of
the reasons I wanted to do as much as I can without shipping, getting
materials like that shipped nearly doubles the price.

I plan on tackling this airplane like I do most of my big projects.  I
make sure I do "something" on it every day.  And in this case, it's a
construction method that I am pretty familiar with.  The fuselage of
the KR planes is the same as the radio control airplanes I've built.
And the wings are a very normal construction method as well.  If I
were really ambitious I'd consider vacuum bagging to keep the weight
down.

Phillip:
You're the second person to recommend buying the tony bigellis books.
Consider them ordered.  Yey amazon!   So 5oz is ok?  I am pretty sure
I can find 5oz.  Anything to shave weight.

Larry:
While it will be my first man carrying plane, it won't be my first
aircraft.  I'm not one of the "just started flying r/c" people who've
never really built a plane.  Most of my aircraft are stick built.
About 2/3 of them have been from kits, and lately, with the whole kit
industry dieing off, I've had to take to scratch building.  Most of my
planes have been gliders, that utilize a bungee launch.  When you
screw up building one of those, you end up with two wings at the
launch point, and your fuselage sticking out of the ground 100' away.

I do have some worry buying a partially built plane from someone else.
 I've read many horror stories about having to redo all the work.

I can't say the KR is my dream plane.  But it's a very realistic plane
for me to build.  I'm very excited to get started on the project.  I
know that this sort of thing never sells for as much as it costs to
build.  That doesn't bother me one bit.  :-)  I get a lot of joy out
of the process, as well as the end product.

It also seems that two groups on the list have at least the wood kit
for the KR-1 hanging around.  That solves the wood problem handily.

Well I have some 80 issues of the newsletter to read now.  And
negotiate picking up the KR-1 materials.

Thank you, everyone.

Greg "Nerobro" Teiber.