>Are there any thoughts on using Kerosene heat?

Don't do it. In the 80's I had a place in PA with a 16' X 32' addition. I
rented it out to some people while I was overseas and they used the addition as
a family room and had a kerosene heater (catalytic, I think) in it. When I came
back @ 5 years the white ceiling panels were a light brown and I had to spray
409 on them and wash it off with a garden hose. Catalytic propane isn't much
better. When I was in Iran in the 70's (before the Shah left) I ate once in a
while in restaurants that had heaters sitting on top of a propane bottle in the
corner. I always came away with a scratchy throat and brown gunk in my nose.
Sorta like what was on the prop of my 170 after flying up the Houston ship
channel one time..

Allen G. Wiesner
65 Franklin Street
Ansonia, CT 06401-1240