Sammer:

Fortunately for you, it shouldn't be a problem getting anything you need in the
way of wood.  You are right in the area of an excellent wood purveyor, Edensaw
Woods, http://www.edensaw.com/ .  They have stores in Tacoma and Port Townsend.
 I got some excellent, clear, straight-grain Western red cedar planks that I
ripped all the stringers for some skin-on-frame kayaks out of, and marine grade
plywood for the formers and bulkheads.  Ordered through a local specialty
lumber shop here in Medford (Beavertooth Oak, coincidentally located on Fir
Street!) but I believe it came from Edensaw.  My guess is that if you made a
couple of visits to one of their stores to snoop around, they might get to know
you and ask what you're looking for.  "Oh, I could really get everything I need
out of a 4 ft plank of spruce if you have one laying around"... and get a
couple of cutoffs out of their scrap bin just for the asking ;o)

Be sure to tell them it's for a cabin cruiser or something besides an airplane.
 It will be the truth!

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR