>Ed doesn't put his name on his props.  Just a simple diameter x pitch
number, in about quarter or 3/8" letters, on the mounting face of the prop,
if I remember correctly.
I can confirm everything Mark wrote about the "coding" on a Sterba prop.
http://bouyea.net/cur_prog/N133rm/sterbaproplabelling.jpg

>>I think the amber colored urethane leading edge is standard, but I could
be wrong.  I always ask for it and get it, so I don't know for sure.
Depending upon the age and the product he used, different colors may be
present in the Sterba leading edge protection.
http://bouyea.net/cur_prog/N133rm/ sterbapropleadingedge1.jpg  and
http://bouyea.net/cur_prog/N133rm/sterbapropleadingedge2.jpg

>>I suspect he really is closed.  It's probably getting to be a hassle for
him to make props, and he's getting on up there in age.  I hope I'm wrong
though!
I wrote to Ed a few days ago. He lost his shop space unexpectedly in
January. He said at 75 years old and after about 6000 props he's done
building new ones.
Bummer, I bought 4 from him over the years including the "green one"
pictured above and the one Sam Spanovich is flying now.

John Bouyea / OR81/ Hillsboro, OR
N133RM KR-2S - imported, fixed & flying
www.bouyea.net/cur_proj/N133RM