It may not have been alcohol that damage the JB Weld. Take a look at the web site I listed in my previous email. My tanks were never exposed to alcohol, but were destroyed by the other additives (primarily injector cleaner) now found in most auto gas. I tested the alcohol free premium fuel from several local stations only found no alcohol, but other additives that would damage epoxies with the exception of one station. Last spring the station manager there mentioned to me that his jobber had forced him to change to a different premium mogas. Like all the other stations in this area, it was alcohol free, but failed the other test I had devised and was unsafe for use in my planes. I have been running all 3 of my planes on a diet of straight 100LL ever since I lost my last usable mogas source last spring.

There are other chemicals now being added to most auto fuels that may damage composite tanks or other components in your fuel system.

-Jeff Scott
Arkansas Ozarks

--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.