I wrote "Top Dead Cylinder". Duh....make that "Top Dead Center" for the cylinder being evaluated.  A short circuit in what's left of my brain, I assume.

As for carburetors, I wish you luck with the POSa.  "Controlled leak" is being charitable.   My advise would be to buy something else.  Those things don't even make good boat anchors!  Of course I've only flown behind ONE POSa, and was told that it was adjusted perfectly.  It almost killed me on takeoff, and I ditched it before I ever flew it again.  I highly recommend the Ellison EFS-2, although they are hard to come by, and I believe Rotec may make something similar for the VW.  There are other options as well....not still in production, but floating around out there.....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com
Huntsville, AL