On 7/16/2023 10:35 AM, Steve Loebs via KRnet wrote:
Were you able to get close to what you were asking for your KR2S?

Each KR is different and value must be considered on a plane by plane basis.  Most older KR's are of the standard KR2 variety as well as many of the projects for sale.  These aircraft are a bit small for the current version of pilots so their value is considered rather low if sell-able at all.  Even the "more modern" versions of the 2S seldom sell at a price that reflects the performance they are capable of.  One example is Jeff Scott's KR that sold in the last year or two.  I don't recall his KR having a wider cockpit than some are building today but even if you would consider it a very comfortable single place like I considered 211LF it was equipped  and performed well beyond the 19K asking price.  What other 150 mph cruise  aircraft (at 5.5 gph) could you buy with all the whistles and bells that Jeff's KR had for under 20K in today's aircraft market.

Based on 30+ years experience in the KR community, if you intend to build a KR or some version of it, build it to fly and very probably sell if for less than it cost to build if you ever try to sell it.  That however should not be a deal breaker if you hope to build a fast and economical airplane and hope to enjoy flying it for many years.  If I had given away 211LF the 20 years and 800 flight hours of enjoyment were well worth the price paid.

If you're looking to build you can't get started too soon.  Aging is not a linear process.................

Larry Flesner