Hi Mark. I am using an Odyssey Battery, in my KR. A battery that shuts
itself off, is not for me or my KR, electronic ignition or not .John
Shaffer 455JS

        -----------------------------------------From: "mark jones via KRnet"

To: "KRnet"
Cc: "mark jones"
Sent: Wednesday June 12 2024 9:14:12AM
Subject: KRnet> Lipo Battery

 Yesterday I was doing a taxi test and had the following happen more
than once. This scares me enough that I am now very hesitant to use a
Lipo with BMS. After about five minutes of taxi, my engine shut off as
if the ignition switch had been shut off. There was absolutely no
power at the ignition switch. The BMS took over and shut the system
down. After about 10 minutes, The battery came back to life and she
started right up. Only to again shut down after a few minutes of
running. Why is this happening? Is it due to the Dynamo? Why wouldn't
my engine keep running just off the Dynamo. Does the BMS somehow
disable the entire system? I am feeling like Larry Flesner said. I
think I too will only fly with AGM batteries. Seems this BMS in Lipo
batteries is a source of failure we do not need.
    Mark Jones (N771MJ) Oldsmar, FL
 flyk...@gmail.com www.flykr2s.com [1]

Links:
------