I spent years as an engineer in Industrial Lithium Ion technology. Mostly
BMS like Lithium system charging design and such. I actually even own an EV
and its really cool but its just not prime time and I never see it go
there.

As loud as I can type it, I would never ever fly using a LIthium Ion
battery as an engine starting battery and I would only fly behind AGM. The
very thing that makes Lithium Ion so called great for propulsion batteries
is the same thing that makes them extremely dangerous. That benefit is low
resistance. Let me explain.

In an AGM or any wet cell battery, when it goes bad it in 99.9999 % of the
time it creates an open within its cell banks. So, instead of having 12 VDC
you have 10 VDC or 8 VDC or 6 VDC. All fine.

In a LIthium Ion cell that great low resistance will end up as a dead short
within the cell array. Now typically what will happen first is probably
what you are experiencing. The dead short is causing a logic voltage ( VCC
or  TTL) where your logic voltage is typically 5 VDC which is a portion of
the 12 VDC of the battery by way of a voltage regulator circuit of 12 VDC.
Since a Lithium Ion battery has such a low resistance, the effect will
cause the 5 VDC VCC to vary to say 3.5 VDC.  This will cause very strange
effects in the logic circuits and you end up with very strange things
happening.

Now, the worst thing that happens is if you get enough Lithium Ion cells
that go bad and short to ground, you get heat and a fire. This is why
Chevrolet recalled all of its Bolt EV's and why when I was working the
industry I saw so many odd things happen with the logic of a system or so
many fried BMS 's or DC power systems.

Don't get me started on the myth that there is so much new tech in Lithium
Ion. Bunk...it's the same as it was 40 years ago. The changes are in the
BMS systems. The pipe dream magic LIthium cells are far too expensive to
produce at a cost effective means.

The battery in my EV had to be replaced at a cost of $ 32,000. Thankfully
it was under warranty. Its not under warranty anymore. Would you like to
buy a very well cared for EV?

W. Jeff York