Well the issue is that the new updated version is not deployed, so when i
push to `develop` branch I have my image built on quay.io and this then
triggers the update, but on the k8s cluster it is using the cached image
version so the only way to change force an update is to alternate between
:latest and :develop

the same happen if i do it from the command line

kubectl replace -f templates/pods/prod/app.yaml

the only way to make a change is to alter the :tag in the yaml file from
:develop to :latest and back!

On 28 September 2016 at 14:36, Rodrigo Campos <rodrig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 28, 2016, Norman Khine <nor...@khine.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have setup a lambda function to trigger a update to my k8s cluster, the
>> problem is that the image is not being pulled.
>> Here is my yaml file
>>
>> apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
>> kind: Deployment
>> metadata:
>>   name: app-prod
>>   labels:
>>     pod: app
>>     track: production
>>   annotations:
>>     scheduler.alpha.kubernetes.io/affinity: >
>>       {
>>         "nodeAffinity": {
>>           "requiredDuringSchedulingIgnoredDuringExecution": {
>>             "nodeSelectorTerms": [
>>               {
>>                 "matchExpressions": [
>>                   {
>>                     "key": "beta.kubernetes.io/instance-type",
>>                     "operator": "In",
>>                     "values": ["c4.large"]
>>                   }
>>                 ]
>>               }
>>             ]
>>           }
>>         }
>>       }
>> spec:
>>   replicas: 5
>>   template:
>>     metadata:
>>       labels:
>>         pod: app
>>         track: production
>>     spec:
>>       containers:
>>         - image: quay.io/user/api:develop
>>           name: api
>>           ports:
>>             - containerPort: 3000
>>           env:
>>             - name: DATABASE
>>               value: mongodb://mongo-db:27000//api-v2?replicaSet=mongo
>>           imagePullPolicy: Always
>>         - image: quay.io/user/media:develop
>>           name: media
>>           ports:
>>             - containerPort: 4000
>>           imagePullPolicy: Always
>>       imagePullSecrets:
>>         # we download these from quay.io account
>>         - name: my-pull-secret
>>
>> the problem is that on quay.io the `latest` tag is only applied to the
>> default github repository and not `develop` branch for example
>>

> What? Why does it matter, if you are using tag develop?
>

>> so my question, how do i force the kubectl to pull the latest image from
>> a specific branch
>>

> The image is pulled from a docker registry. There are no branches there.
> Just a repo and a tag (your image name and a tag, in this case develop)
>
> So, probably the image in your registry with tag develop is not what you
> want?
>

> Thanks,
> Rodrigo

%>>> "".join( [ {'*':'@','^':'.'}.get(c,None) or chr(97+(ord(c)-83)%26) for