On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 6:39 AM, Jeremy Derr <jer...@derr.me> wrote:

> the federation pods start and stay running. the connection to the
> federated clusters never succeeds, instead throwing the TLS errors I quote.

The component that connects to federated clusters is the federation
controller manager. But it looks like the log snippet above is for the API
server. So it looks like there are two separate problems.

Check your controller manager logs. Also, verify that the credentials used
by the federation controller manager (`kubectl
--namespace=federation-system get secret troopers-controller-manager-kubeconfig
--template '{{.data.kubeconfig}}' | base64 -d`) to talk to the federation
API server is recognized by the API server (exec into the pod and look for
the certs and keys in /etc/federation/apiserver/).

It is really hard to say what's going in without additional context (more
logs, see inlined questions in the previous email).