If in your PVC, you:

1. Specify a storage class: Will try to find an existing PV with the same
storageclass.  If none exists, it will try to dynamically provision one.
2. Don't specify a storage class: If you have a default storageclass in
your cluster, it will dynamically provision one.  Otherwise it will look
for PVs with an empty storageclass
3. Specify empty storage class: It will look for PVs with an empty
storageclass

It looks like your gp2 storageclass is set to be the default, when you look
at the annotations. (I think there is a display bug in kubectl describe
that shows the field as false).

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 11:38 AM, <kapek...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I think I got this now.
> If I use storage class in PVClaim kubernetes will try to find existing PV
> first. If there is no one, then it will be created automatically regardless
> if selected class is default or not.
> Correct me someone if I'm wrong here ;)

  • [kubernetes-users... kapekto1
    • Re: [kuberne... 'Michelle Au' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: [kub... kapekto1
        • Re: ... 'Michelle Au' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • ... Tomasz Kapek
            • ... 'Michelle Au' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... smalltope
              • ... kapekto1
                • ... kapekto1