Hello,

Thanks for the response. I just tried the exact same thing on google
kubernetes engine. Created a two node cluster and pointed kubectl towards
it:

*➜  **~* kubectl get svc

NAME         CLUSTER-IP      EXTERNAL-IP      PORT(S)           AGE

kubernetes   10.11.240.1     <none>           443/TCP           6m

udp          10.11.249.164   35.225.148.180   12345:31357/UDP   3m

*➜  **~*

And if I try telnet or netcat, in both cases I can't access the port. It
just hangs.

*➜ * *✗* nc -u 35.225.148.180 12345

*➜ * *✗* telnet 35.225.148.180 12345

Trying 35.225.148.180...

telnet: connect to address 35.225.148.180: Operation timed out

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

In firewall rules in Google Cloud console I see the following rule:

k8s-fw-a0---------              gke-cluster-1-944afe1b-node
IP ranges: 0.0.0.0/0
udp:12345
Allow
1000
default
<https://console.cloud.google.com/networking/networks/details/default?project=backend-kubernetes>
It seems as if creating a UDP load balancer in google cloud is not opening
the port properly. Or the firewall rules are not working properly.