The downside that I am aware of is that you don't get the Kubernetes DNS
magic, where names automatically point to your services. For the particular
use case where I ran into this, it worked perfectly!

I was also going to attempt to add an alias so we could eventually migrate
to dnsPolicy: Host instead of the confusingly named Default, but it seemed
challenging enough that I never got around to it.

Evan