On Monday, 7 May 2018 19:06:17 UTC+5:30, David Rosenstrauch  wrote:
> It looks like the pods died for some reason.  Try a "kubectl describe
> pod" and/or a "kubectl logs" on one of the 2 dead pods to see what happened.
>
> HTH,
>
> DR
>
> On 05/07/2018 09:28 AM, vidhyashankar...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 01:06:20 UTC+5:30, che...@gmail.com  wrote:
> >> Dear Expert,
> >>
> >> I defined a deployment which got created by not bring up any pod at all
> >> with following details. Any help is appreciated:
> >>
> >> # kubectl describe deployment symphony
> >> Name:                      symphony
> >> Namespace:         symphony
> >> CreationTimestamp: Mon, 15 May 2017 19:25:34 +0000
> >> Labels:                    app=naas
> >>                    component=symphony
> >> Selector:          app=naas,component=symphony
> >> Replicas:          0 updated | 1 total | 0 available | 0 unavailable
> >> StrategyType:              RollingUpdate
> >> MinReadySeconds:   0
> >> RollingUpdateStrategy:     1 max unavailable, 1 max surge
> >> OldReplicaSets:            <none>
> >> NewReplicaSet:             <none>
> >> No events.
> >
> > I am facing exactly the same issue. Deployment gets created but not pod is
> > started. When I check the replicaset it shows
> > NAME                                         DESIRED   CURRENT   READY
> > AGE
> > test-pod-v1-66775f865b                   2         0         0         38s
> >

> > The same yml was working fine for me. I suddenly got into this issue.

@david Thanks for the reply. I figured out the issue by checking kubectl
describe replicaset. We were using Istio automatic sidecar injection. The
istio-sidecar-injector pod was stalled in containercreating state. but the
webhook was created. Hence pods of any other service were not getting created.
Removing the automatic sidecar injector deployment fixed the issue for me.