Le jeudi 19 avril 2018 02:14:28 UTC+2, Dave Jensen a écrit :
> We have what I believe to be a very straightforward ingress setup on GKE.
> However, we started noticing random slowdowns almost immediately. On further
> investigation it looked like the time to first byte (TTFB) was very slow (1 -
> 3 seconds) but sporadically. Sometimes it would be a pre-flight OPTIONS
> request, sometimes an application request, and other times on static files.
> Even the echoserver would sporadically have a long TTFB.
>

> I set up a portforward to one of the pods serving up our REST API server.
> Sure enough, the slowdown was eliminated.
>

> Before I go down the rabbit hole of trying other ingress controllers, I
> figured I'd ask the community if I was doing something wrong.
>

> ingress.yaml
>

> apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
> kind: Ingress
> metadata:
>   name: brewd-ingress
> spec:
>   tls:
>   - hosts:
>     - stage-api2.example.com
>     - stage-app2.example.com
>     - stage-echo.example.com
>     secretName: redacted
>   rules:
>   - host: stage-api2.example.com
>     http:
>       paths:
>       - backend:
>           serviceName: gateway-service
>           servicePort: 7000
>   - host: stage-app2.example.com
>     http:
>       paths:
>       - backend:
>           serviceName: web-service
>           servicePort: 8080
>   - host: stage-echo.example.com
>     http:
>       paths:
>         - backend:
>             serviceName: echoserver
>             servicePort: 8080
> gateway-service.yaml
>

> apiVersion: v1
> kind: Service
> metadata:
>   name: gateway-service
>   labels:
>     app: gateway
> spec:
>   type: NodePort
>   ports:
>   - port: 7000
>   selector:
>     app: gateway
> ---
> apiVersion: apps/v1beta2
> kind: Deployment
> metadata:
>   name: gateway-deployment
> spec:
>   selector:
>     matchLabels:
>       app: gateway
>   replicas: 1
>   template:
>     metadata:
>       labels:
>         app: gateway
>     spec:
>       containers:
>       - name: gateway
> [...]

Hi guyz, I have the exact same problem. If I deploy the service as LB, it is
blazing fast, but if I use the basic ingress on Google Ingress, I have random
latency whith response time ranging from 50ms to 5s.

      • Re:... 'Ahmet Alp Balkan' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... Dave Jensen
      • [ku... Dave Jensen
        • ... Dave Jensen
          • ... marshall
          • ... Rodrigo Campos
            • ... 'Kenneth Massada' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... Dave Jensen
              • ... Rodrigo Campos
  • [kubernetes-... 'Bowei Du' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
  • [kubernetes-... francois . bossiere
    • [kubern... amadou
      • [ku... 'Nicks' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... Dave Jensen
          • ... Dave Jensen
            • ... rmurphy
              • ... shyam kishore alapati