Hey guys I was facing this issue and just posted a similar thread subject,
but after I saw you problem I tried exactly what was suggested here and I
got:

[mscastro@instance-1 ~]$ kubectl get endpoints kubernetes
NAME         ENDPOINTS        AGE
kubernetes   172.16.4.4:443   7h

Edited kube config...

[mscastro@instance-1 ~]$ kubectl cluster-info
Kubernetes master is running at https://172.16.4.4

To further debug and diagnose cluster problems, use 'kubectl cluster-info
dump'.
Unable to connect to the server: x509: certificate is valid for
35.199.121.133, 172.16.8.1, 172.16.4.2, not 172.16.4.4

My master range is 172.16.4.0/28 and the command was:
[mscastro@instance-1 ~]$ kubectl get endpoints kubernetes
NAME         ENDPOINTS        AGE
kubernetes   172.16.4.4:443   7h

but look up there it says the certificate is valid for another one in the
range 172.16.4.2. both have 443 running, so I replaced 172.16.4.4 for
172.16.4.2 and worked !!!

Thank you all!

I can now close the public IP to the world forever, I actually don't even
need it anymore, can I get rid of it?